As a Social Work student you are required to have a laptop computer to use during class sessions. If you do not currently own a laptop or need to upgrade your current laptop, you have the option to purchase a Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) for $1,200 through MVNU. The cost of the laptop will be applied to your student account in the first billing cycle and is eligible to be used with your financial aid (if applicable). This is not a laptop lease program. You will own the laptop and be solely responsible for the care and maintenance of the computer.
If you elect to participate in the laptop program with MVNU, you will receive the following features on your laptop:
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 128 GB SSD (Solid State Drive)
- 12.3" Touchscreen 2736 x 1824 resolution
- USB port 3.0
- Wireless Capability
- Built In Webcam
- Education Bundle: protective cover, keyboard, stylus and power adapter
- 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty
Students who elect to not participate in the laptop program through MVNU must provide their own laptop that meets the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 10 (PC) or OS X El Capitan (Apple) Operating System or Higher
- Dual-core Intel i5 processor or higher
- Minimum 4 GB of RAM
- Minimum 60 GB Hard Drive
- USB Port 3.0 Recommended
- Color Monitor capable of at least 800 x 600 resolution with a minimum 128 MB graphics card
- Wireless (802.11G) Recommended
- Built In Webcam Recommended
- Microsoft Office 2013 (PC) or 2011 (Mac)
It is strongly recommended that all students install Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 or higher as well as an anti-virus/malware protection program (Recommended: Malwarebytes, AVG Antivirus, McAfee, or Norton).
As an MVNU student you will have access to Microsoft Office 365.